Winter is coming and what better way to keep your home warm than a pellet stove. These small stoves are great at providing warmth throughout the year, while being relatively easy to maintain. Many homeowners would love to experience these benefits for themselves, but there’s a problem-stoves are expensive! It is difficult to find inexpensive pellet stoves. They are rarely discounted or for sale, so you need to focus your search on current models/prices. What we tried to do in this article was highlight some of the cheapest wood pellet stoves for the money. Hopefully we save you time and energy in your search for the best wood stove!
Top 3 Best Cheap Pellet Stoves: Inexpensive yet Reliable!
Below we review some of the top inexpensive pellet stoves while keeping an eye on quality. All of these stoves are for sale on Amazon, and are relatively attractive to look out.
#1 Castle 12327 Serenity Wood Pellet Stove
- 78% + thermal efficiency
- 1,5000 sq. ft. heating capability
- Auto ignite
- 40lb Hopper
- 1 year warranty (limited)
- EPA Certification
- RV Home Approved
This is one of the most highly loved and sought after stoves on the market. Reviewers love the easy installation, high efficiency, and programmable controller. This stove even looks great, and it’s design mean that it fits well in small spaces. Let’s take a closer look!
- Design: The Serenity’s small size and compact design makes it easy to install within a few hours. It is approved for use in mobile homes, and can be directly vented, so no chimney is required. These features make the Serenity great for first time stove buyers who may be intimidated by the installation process.
- Efficiency: In regards to efficiency, the Castle Serenity is one of the most efficient pellet stoves on the market. It uses an innovative heat exchange system which maximizes the internal surface area of the stove to promote the highest amount of heat exchange. Not only do these features contribute to EPA certification, but they also save you money.
- Programmable: The final standout feature is the stove’s inclusion of a programmable controller. You can have your stove operate in manual, thermostat, or weekly operational (set your stove for different times/days of the week) mode. The benefit of the automatic scheduling is that if you want your house to be warm when you get home from a hard day of work, but don’t want to waste loads of pellets throughout the day, you’re in luck. The one downside is that while in thermostat mode, there is no automatic shutoff if the target temperature is reached-the stove just continues to operate on the lowest setting.
IMPORTANT: One important thing to realize before wrapping up is that this stove only heats 1,500 square feet, which is on the lower end. The quality and other features elevate this pick, but the heating area brings it’s score down a bit.
Final Thoughts: This stove is backed by a great company, which offers quick customer support for all of your questions. Castle has earned their strong reputation by delivering a great customer experience. Overall, between the attractively compact design, ease of use, efficiency, and features- the Castle Serenity 12327 is the best cheap stove.
#2 Pleasant Hearth Cabinet Style Pellet Stove
- Heats 2,200 sq. ft.
- 50,000 BTU
- 120lb Hopper
- Epa certification
- 85% fuel efficiency
- Auto Ignition
- Mobile Home Approved
- Heat control system
Pleasant Hearth is a familiar name on the site, and we have reviewed one of their wood burning models. This stove follows suite with it’s siblings, and provides a generous heating area for an affordable price.
This particular unit has extremely high efficiency at approximately 85% and is EPA certified, so you will be getting the max possible burn from your pellets. Other than that, this is a very no-frills stove, but that’s not a bad thing. It’s well designed, efficient, and has easy temperature controls. The cast iron construction and solid ceramic glass viewing window lend a rugged feel to this simple stove.
Final Thoughts: Reviewers love the stove’s raw power and reliability. It is not uncommon for this product to be referred to as a “beast,”because its heat output is impressive for its size, and not to mention price. This is one stove that is the truly in the best value for the money category. If you need the extra heat, and don’t mind not having some of the niftier features like programmability then this stove is for you!
#3 US (United States) Stove R5824 Pellet Stove
- Can heat up to 1,500 sq. ft.
- Compact design
- Up to 20hr burn time
- Ceramic viewing window
- 48,000 BTU
- EPA Certification
The pellet heater landscape is heavily populated by low quality cheap stoves, and we wanted to cover this unit to make sure people stay away. This USA manufactured stove lacks a robust feature set like the other stoves, does not come with installation materials, and reviewers claim is prone to breakdown/requiring fixing.
Final Thoughts: Reviewers reported that online chat support and phone support were not that good, and that the product sometimes came damaged. There were also multiple reports of breakdowns relatively early into the stove’s life cycle. We don’t like to put down a model, but in this case there are better options like the Pleasant Hearth (above) that will fit the bill and cost the same.
Selecting the best cheap pellet stove can be difficult, but with the right guidance it doesn’t have to be. Hopefully our reviews on the cheapest stoves for sale has given you some insight onto what to select. We hope you find a pellet stove that adds warmth, ambiance, and value to your home!
Already buying a stove? Make sure you read our reviews and get the best pellet stove pipe to go with it.